The Banff Jasper Relay celebrated its 15th anniversary in 2019 and One Day Web Group was pleased to be the title sponsor.
The Banff Jasper Relay is a 260 km long relay run in 15 stages on highways from Banff to Jasper. The race is held on the most beautiful highways in the world – scenic Highway 1A (Bow Valley Parkway) and Highway 93 (Icefields Parkway).
How One Day Web Group is involved:
As title sponsor of the Banff Jasper Relay, One Day Web Group is pleased to offer the following services to the event:
- A race director/project manager
- A webmaster
- An application developer
- The website www.banff-jasper-relay.com with a custom on line team and runner registration system
Coordination with the Brain Tumour Foundation
If you need help with an event based site for your non-profit or social organization, give us a call we’d love to help you make your event a success. We provide almost free advice on event planning – buy us a latte’ and we are good to go!
- The Banff Jasper Relay is the offspring of the now extinct Jasper Banff Relay that was held from 1980 to the year 2000.
- The Banff Jasper Relay has been held on the first Saturday in June since 2005.
- There are up to 900 runners and approximately 100 volunteers participating every year.
- The shortest stage of the relay is 14.6 kilometres in length.
- The longest stage of the relay is 21 kilometres in length.
- There are some hills on the course.
- The race is arguably the most beautiful relays in the world.
- The relay supports the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada in memory of Garth Huck. Garth was a former team mate that ran in the relay in the past.
- The post race dinner party is the largest social event in Jasper every year.
- This year the Banff Jasper Relay raised $12,000.
Our sponsorship of Banff Jasper Relay a great success!
Our first year as the title sponsor for the Banff Jasper Relay on June 2 was a great success! The teams were eager to run this amazingly beautiful 260km course along the Bow Valley Parkway and Icefield Parkway, the volunteers were enthusiastic and kept everything moving smoothly, the weather cooperated and the sun shone the whole day! What a great event!
We were very pleased to provide sponsorship for the race, in the form of a race director/project manager to ensure everything was coordinated and ready for race day; a webmaster who designed and built the event website (www.banff-jasper-relay.com); and an application developer who created a custom online team and runner registration system.
We also provided coordination with the Brain Tumour Foundation, the charitable recipient of the funds raised by the teams – over $12,000 so far this year, and over $500,000 since the race began in 2005. The money raised this year will go toward funding a new resource for caregivers of those affected by brain tumours.
One Day Web Group believes in giving back to our community in impactful ways. Our involvement in the Banff Jasper Relay as a sponsor was in memory of our friend, Garth Huck, who lost his battle with brain cancer. We celebrate his life by supporting the event in his honour.
We’re looking forward to next year’s event!